Friday, November 2, 2007

Would You Like A Tour (Part III)

From the dining room we move on to the laundry. As we converted the old laundry into the dining room we built a small extension (if anyone is reading from council, under an existing roof line ;) for the new laundry. There are no photos real before photos to show you (that I did not post last time we were on the tour) but I do have one of the old outside toilet that used to be where the laundry now stands. When we moved into the house this was the only toilet we had and it was the very porcelain bowl that I would hug when I had morning sickness, lucky me!
A work in progress. If we (and when I say we I really mean Eden) were going to the effort of building a new laundry I didn't want a pocky little one. The laundry is now a nice size though couldn't we all go a little bigger. As the house does not have much storage we put lots of cupboards to stash all our junk. There are three floor to ceiling cupboard, one under the length of the counter and one above it plus a shelf on the opposite wall. Under the bench I wanted large, deep pull out draws to put the dirty washing straight into. But alas Eden had a better idea. At work there was a stone bench top that an apprentice electrician had put a crack in and therefore needed to be replaced. Unlucky for the electrician, lucky for us. Eden cut it down to size and what was once the sink hole is now an opening to put dirty clothes. It works but I like the idea of pull out draws better, each to their own.

The laundry also has a second toilet but I never got around to getting a blind for the large glass door that looks out onto the deck so it isn't very private yet.
I love the laundry, it is so easy to work in, there is lots of counter space, lots of floor space and I can have the iron set up and still have room to move.
See you again next time.

1 Comments:

At November 2, 2007 at 4:13 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

So good to see all the reno's. Love the cupboards in the laundry - you can never have enough cupboards!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home