Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Gravel Munching Stair Climber

This afternoon while daddy was working on the house Chloe and I went out to spend some time with him. I dressed Chloe in her old daggies because I knew that she would get grubby, and get grubby she did.
First of all she had fun getting the pebbles out from under the deck stairs and then trying to eat them. I think I need to get her hearing checked because every time I would say, "No Bubba, don't put the rocks in your mouth" she would look at me smile, and then put the rocks in her mouth! This does not really surprise me, she has been a gravel muncher from way back. (We have an old open fireplace, and no matter how many times I clean it out bits of concrete and soot still fall down. Anyway this used to be Chloe's favorite place to play because she could munch on the gravel. I had to put a child safety gate up to stop her getting in - I'm not a fun mummy!)
Stretching to get the rocks

Chloe's treasures

After Chloe was tired of working hard to get her rocks only to have me take them away she started to climb the steps. Considering we don't have stairs in our house and I have only taken her out twice to play on the deck stairs, she is very good at climbing them. The first time I realised that she could climb stairs was about two weeks ago when we were playing near the deck and she proceeded to climb the stairs without hesitation.

Today she climbed the stairs and then decided she wanted to get down again. She tried to go down forwards but as the step height is as long as her arms she did not have much luck. She then figured out how to go down backwards. After that it was up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, down...I'm sure you get the point.

At the top
Going up
Going down
Going back up
Stopping half way on the way back down
What a clever Bubba!

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Very clever Chloe! The things that keep kids amused huh!?

 
At August 31, 2007 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

so smart!! Gravel must be sooo tasty!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home