Sunday, November 4, 2007

A week out of the ordinary

(Finally a blog that is not about Chloe or the house)
Today Eden came back from his fishing trip and the only thing better than the fishing was getting a big hug from Chloe when he got home.
I asked Eden if there were any funny stories that I could include in the post and he couldn't think of any (then I remembered "Of course there are no funny stories, it was a fishing trip!" :)
He said he forgot how fanatical his fishing buddies were (mostly the Ziesel boys) and all that hiking in the cold was a shock to the system for a city slicker.
Here is a photo of a fish (the only fish) he caught but he is telling me about the one that got away;) Actually he is saying that it is the location and the time of year resulted in not much action (any excuse).
A frosty morning.
Where they camped
Sunset
Don't let the pictures of the pretty scenery fool you into thinking it is that this place is Heaven on Earth, Eden said it was scrubby with lots of bush bashing. It is something best appreciated in photos (or maybe if you are choppered in :). Or maybe when I have been 'Tassified' I will see the value in 'bush bashing' for five hours just to see some pretty landscapes!
No really Eden loved it, he came home like a little boy after his first school field trip. He also realised how much he loves and misses Tassie. This means lucky me gets to put up with the constant comparisons of Sydney to Tassie inevitably leading to 'Sydney bashing' until we arrive at the Apple Isle in January. It wouldn't be to bad except I then get the 'Tassie bashing' from my family......does anyone know where I can get some good ear plugs:).
The reason that this post is written by me (Stephannie) and not Eden himself, the actual person that went on the trip, is because he said blogging is girly (for any men that do blog, I don't think it is girly) and when I started typing it first person, as eden, he told me that if I was going to write it like that to not bother doing it. The funny little things that men do to 'keep in touch with their masculine side' :)


2 Comments:

At November 4, 2007 at 9:17 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

haha! looks like they had a great time - i think its funny how eden wouldn't blog...i don't think jaron would either, chickens! can't wait for you guys to move down in january!

 
At November 5, 2007 at 9:15 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

That is funny - too girly hey!? I notice that Eden LOVES to read the blogs though!! :) Ah - the Sydney Vs Tassie thing is happening hey? What a pain for you to be in the middle of all that. Guess you will only be able to compare after you live here for a while. Maybe you can convert all your family to move down too!?!? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home