Tuesday, January 27, 2009

At the river


Yes, another family holiday post...
We went to the Pop's River one night to have a swim and a BBQ. The weather was not overly warm (I am still not acclimatised yet :) and the water was cold but it didn't stop the boys and under fours having a swim. The boys enjoyed the flying fox, the girls pretended to enjoy swimming and even though they kept asking to have another swim and then asked to get out almost as soon as they went in. Notice how Eden is in a wetsuit while the girls are only in their swimmers :)
I went for a little paddle with a child safely planted on my lap as my way of ensuring that I wasn't knocked in the water, and it worked, this time. Earlier that day Vienna, Jony and Eden went for a kayaking for a few hours. I would have liked to go too but Lachie would not spare me for that long...maybe next time.
We finished up with a BBQ and a chat. It was nice to sit around, talk and let the kids defrost in front of the fire :)

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

LOVE how you call it 'Pop's river' as it always will be called that. The flying fox looks awesome!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home