Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wildlife Park


While my family was down from Sydney we went to a local wildlife park with the kids. While the park was not as polished as some I have been to the laidbackness (is that even a word?) of the tour made our visit a more relaxed and hands on which was great for the kids (and the adults as the photos show).
There were koalas and Tasmanian Devils too touch and Wombats to nurse. I couldn't believe it when our guide started to pass the wombat around. I didn't get a cuddle as I had my own little sleeping koala strapped to me but everyone who had a hold said that it just snuggled in like a cuddly baby.
Vienna had recently taken her kids to a wildlife park in Sydney where the guide told everyone, "No matter what, you never, never touch a Tasmanian Devil." As she knows that Chloe lives in the land of these little marsupials she couldn't wait to share this little bit of advice with her. However all was forgotten when our guide allowed everyone to pat one (somehow I don't think Chloe would have followed Adalia's advice if she ever found herself within arms reach of a little Devil anyway :)
There were lots of kangaroos and wallabies in the 'bushy' part of the park. We spent a while feeding them especially the one with the Joey in it's pouch that kept popping it's head out to say hi (Vienna liked the one that had a long tail coming out of it's pouch...until she realised that it was actually a daddy and not a mummy as originally thought :)

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I can't believe they let you cuddle the animals....even pat a Tassie Devil, how fun :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home