Wednesday, September 5, 2007

You haft to clean uq the weld

"You haft to clean up the weld"
I love my job as a teacher and I know that I am going to miss it when I finish after I complete my accreditation. Every grade has their good and bad aspects and with the littlies one of the good things is that they don't worry as much about being 'cool' in front of their friends and they more freely share their feelings, thoughts and ideas. Though this is not always a good thing, in the last couple of weeks I have had two separate children freely share their feelings with me. The first innocently told me that they liked the dress that I was wearing because "it makes it look like you have a baby in your tummy" and on the following day another child told me that they liked my skirt, shoes and top as they "make you look short." All the things that a five foot mummy with a soft tummy needs to hear :).

Anyway there is a point to my ramblings. When I was marking some of the children's work I stumbled across this little gem. It is from a lesson in health about how keeping our surroundings clean and tidy helps us stay safe and healthy. I love the illustration and I really love the sentence "you haft to clean uq the weld" (You have to clean up the world). I really enjoy reading young children's writing and seeing their spelling attempts, I think it is because they are so close to mine. We never talked about cleaning the world but this child was thinking big and got it in his head that was what he wanted his message to be. Lets hope that he continues to with his big ideas and that maybe he can get others to follow in his footsteps.

1 Comments:

At September 6, 2007 at 1:16 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Sooo cute!! I love seeing kids work like that. So - you sure you don't have something to tell us - first of all the comment about 'more children' in the Father's Day post and now looking like you have a baby in your tummy!?! hmmmmmm :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home