Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Off the radar

Well it has been a while since I was last here and there have been a number of reasons for that. These include moving, cleaning, school reports, more cleaning, more moving, life in general and the big one.... no Internet at my sisters where we are living (I have over 100 unread emails in my inbox and who knows how many in my junk mail box). But we are back blogging however sporadically (is that a word) it might be for the next little while.
We are finally out of our home, not that it is ours anymore. Kind of sad but then kind of exciting at the same time. We allowed ourselves two weeks to move all our stuff into the container and for those two weeks it rained pretty much every day making the move all the more pleasurable. I was so worried that the real estate agent would call saying the buyer wanted an inspection while the house was upside down with half packed boxes and Eden's muddy footprints on the cream tiles. Lucky for me I worry about silly things that will never happen. I drove past the house last week for the first time since we moved out and it was funny not being able to go into what had been my home for the last two years. Oh well, time to move on. There are still some rooms I have to take you on a tour of but I will have to do that another time when I have the photos off our computer.
Chloe helping with the packing
Two Sundays ago we went to the temple for some carols and to see the Christmas lights. Chloe liked the life size nativity especially the sheep so we are figuring she is in for a treat when we move to the country in Tassie. She wasn't to fond of the carols and kept wandering off to play with other peoples prams. We didn't get any good photos as there were lots of people and we were all too tired to be patient. I enjoyed the time just to sit and get into this Christmas spirit. Christmas has kind of taken the backseat this year with the move and everything else. We haven't even done any Christmas shopping yet. Wait I lie, I did buy a present for a baby at mother group last Friday because I had to give it to her last Friday. Oh, I have also bought cards but that does not mean anything as while we were packing we found two years of Christmas cards to family that were all stamped and just waiting for an address...so in past years we weren't snobbing you, we were just not organised. I vow every year to be better organised about Christmas, oh well, maybe next year.

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 at 6:22 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

So glad to see another post! I had almost given up on the The Triffitt's blog :) Glad you are moved now. Hopefully now you can get a bit of rest and enjoy Christmas.

 
At December 14, 2007 at 6:51 AM , Blogger make it perfect said...

well done with getting every thing packed and organised. its draining, huh? relax and enjoy your time with your sister now before you have to move again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home