Friday, February 22, 2008

The things that we have been filling our days with

This last couple of weeks we have all been filling our days in our own various ways. Eden is busy (as usual) with the house. He has built and put up most of the frames for the house. He got the trusses delivered today and hopes to have them all up by the end of next week. The other day I realised that the photos we have been taking of how our house is progressing are all facing the garage so I decided to start taking them from the front (I know everyone else would have thought of that at the beginning...is it too early to blame absentmindedness on the new baby?). So here is our first front shot with the frames already up as Eden worked to quickly (or I'm too slow) for me to get one before he started.
Chloe is loving living out in the country. She loves the space and the animals and loves to say hello to them all a few times a day. She is getting quite confident and this morning while I was on the mobile to my sister she took herself and Tracy the dog off for a walk around the chicken yard and orchid alone. The other day she followed Tracy halfway up the drive in a matter of seconds. She is so independent, something she gets off her Dad. On Wednesday we were lucky enough to have a visit from Becky and Kelsea. Chloe misses being around children and she was happy to have someone likeminded to play with her. Considering that Chloe had not had her nap and Kelsea had just returned from getting her chickenpox shot they played together. That is until Chloe tried to take Kelsea's special bear. Thanks to the Wiggles we managed to restore the peace as they snuggled up on the chair with a teddy each without even the hint of a shove or a bite (someone should really nominate that skive wearing foursome for a Noble Peace Prize :).
Chloe is beginning to understand the importance of sun safety especially living here in Tasmania...
but I'm not sure if her Great Uncle Kim is the person she should be getting fashion advice about hats from.
As for me I have been busying myself being a full time mum. I love it. Chloe and I have such a great time together. She has such a fun, easy going personality. She split her tongue quite badly (in my opinion) this week and she wasn't phased, even with blood pouring out her mouth for over an hour, she just kept smiling and wanting to play. On our adventures out in Dunorlan she is Batman (or Batgirl) and I am her Robin, we truly are besties. When I am not being Chloe's sidekick you will most likely find me in the kitchen though not the sneaking the ice-cream out of the tub in the middle of the night kind of way. I enjoy cooking but over the last few years with uni then work then Chloe I haven't had much of a chance to do mush more then what is essential. Now that Chloe is a bit older and I am not constantly trying to catch up on housework from being at work I have been able to do some cooking just for the sake of it. I have tried my hand at making homemade pasta sauce (as Nick had more tomatoes then we really knew what to do with), making jam (as Sister Scott from church gave me a big bag of plums), making apple sauce (again thank you Sister Scott and Mark from two doors up). So now the freezers are filling up fast and Nick is running out of space to put the forty kilos of lamb that is coming next week (I think we might have to plug out fridge in just for the extra freezer space). I also tried my hand at my first ever sponge today. I used Nan's famous recipe and this is (or at least it was when I first started typing) the second last piece left (and I think I heard Eden or Nick go and get the last piece a couple of minutes ago.

All in all staying busy in our own ways as we begin to adjust to the slower paced life (at least slower for Chloe and me) that we moved to Tassie for.

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

Wish I was living out there with all that cooking going on! Sounds great. Wow - Eden has made progress so fast with the frames! Very exciting. Glad that Chloe loves the country life. She needs to teach my boys about living in the country! :)

 
At March 2, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

house looks great steph, we will have to come and check it out soon. looks like you guys are having fun...your cooking expeditions sound yummy...nan's sponge is the best, huh? its been awhile, might have to make one this week! lets catch up again soon, let me know when you are free and we should hang out one day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home