Monday, March 17, 2008

My new favorite color

Red is my new favorite color.
When I arrived in Tassie it was the end of the raspberry season and thought that I would have to wait a whole year to enjoy these yummy berries. Lucky for me some flowers made an appearance a couple of weeks ago and have been checking the greenhouse almost on a daily basis (I know, desperate). I went out a few days ago to get some strawberries with Chloe (she thinks the hot house is only there to provide her with strawberries and cucumbers, one day she will realise it is only there to provide me with raspberries :) and I noticed that there were some ripe raspberries. I had to control myself and not pick everything that showed the slightest ting of red.
Here is what we ended up with, minus the handful that Chloe ate (I think I have got some competition as far as the raspberries are concerned).
And this is what we did with them which brings me to my second favorite color. A five minute drive from where we live is The Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm Cafe which make these delicious chocolate covered raspberries (for around $5 for 100g- Eden and I have indulged a few times) which I had a go at making. They turned out just the same as the Cafe's ones and were eaten just as quickly. You probably all think that I am a nut job for obsessing over raspberries but they truly are a heavenly food. I often tell Eden that being able to grow raspberries in Tasmania and not Sydney was the draw card in getting me to move down. He thinks I am joking.

3 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

So lucky!!!

 
At March 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

Steph I see your eating all my raspberries :) Hope you have saved me some.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 7:41 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

yummo...don't know if you worked this out yourself or not, but a little trick with chocolate coated raspberries (i made thousands of them when i worked at the raspberry farm) is to use frozen raspberries. the chocolate sets quickly and doesn't go on too thick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home