Thursday, April 10, 2008

Better than Betty

I thought I would never say this but I finally got my hands on a brownie recipe that is better than Betty Crockers Triple Chocolate Brownies (I know I can hardly believe it either :). I have been on the brownie search for a couple of years though I haven't been looking overly seriously as I didn't like getting my hopes up only to be disappointed with some second rate browines. Now thanks to Mel I no longer have to rely on a little red box when I want a chewy fudgy chocolaty fix (and they are so simple). The only problem is now that I don't need there to be a little red box on the shelf in order to get my fix I may find myself getting it a little more often then I should.
Here is the recipe for anyone who is a brownie nut as much as I am (I'm sure Mel wont mind me giving it out as she shared it with Relief Society for Enrichment.
Mel's Sand Art Brownies
The reason they are called sand art brownies is because you are suppose to layer the dry ingredients in a nice jar and give it away (I wonder if I will every get that far)
1/2 + 1/8 cup of flour (plain)
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour (plain)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup choc chips
1/2 cup white choc chips
1/2 cup walnuts.
Layer ingredients in the order listed in a canning jar.
Cover and store or give as a gift.
To prepare:
Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
Pour contents of jar in a bowel and mix well.
Stir in 1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
Beat until just combined.
Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Just a little question; Are brownies a breakfast food?

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 at 8:47 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

i would do it!!

 
At April 11, 2008 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, brownies for breakfast is ok in my book...as long as the kids don't see.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Yum! May have to give them a go in my new kitchen :) No excuses anymore.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Emma said...

Hi Steph, we saw your comment on Liesa's blog and wanted to say hi. We hope everything is going well for you down in Tazzie. We're excited to try this brownie recipe! Josh also says you've got a great chocolate cake recipe that you should post if it's not top secret. :)Josh and Emma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home