Saturday, March 22, 2008

A week with Pa


We were lucky enough to get to spend a week with my Dad/Pa. It was nice having another face from home around. I was worried that Chloe wouldn't remember him but she did, though her running around showing off for the first half an hour that she saw him showed that while she knew him he was still a bit novel.
Dad was happy to just hang out though we did manage to drag him around a bit. We went to Ashgrove Cheese Factory, Anvers Chocolate Factory, Liffy Falls, Bakers Beach, City Park and big old Del City but mostly we hung out at home and at our 'new home'.
Dad is fanatic about having sharp knives (he even happened to be sharpening a knife when Eden asked him if he could marry me). I remember growing up that even attempting to sharpen a knife with a steal was out of the question (as we would inevitably blunten it). I love having sharp knives to cook with and had sometimes taken my knives to Dad to sharpen but never thought to ask him to show me how until I had already moved down. So when he was down we stayed up one night and I became the diligent student in the art of knife sharpening (with a stone and all). So far there has only been one little casualty and it has been me (having worked with blunt knives for a couple of months I got into some silly habits because I knew that there was no way I could be cut but I think I have learnt my lesson now) and it is more like a graze but I am a huge wimp and am still wearing a band aid two days on even though it never really needed one. But it is definitely worth it to know who to sharpen knives.
The morning after Dad left Chloe realised that she hadn't seen him yet and said "Pa" as if she was asking where he was. I guess we will just have to rely of Skype until we head up to the bid smoke in a couple of months.
So Dad, thanks for coming down to see us, for sharp knives and the know how, for hanging out and for all your help.
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home