Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wheel Burrows and Bonfires

Today Chloe and I decided to go help Eden at the house for a few hours (though when we got there we realised that there wasn't very much a I could do with my little side kick tagging along. We did find some floors that needed sleeping and some rubbish that needed moving. Chloe thought that traveling in the wheel burrow would be fun and so on the way back from the rubbish pile I put her in for a while. She decided that a while was not long enough to be in there and wanted to stay, even when I started loading it up again. I had my camera with me to take some progress photos and instead ended up with Chloe photos.
She started playing peak-a-boo after a while and I hope this isn't the beginning of her posing every time I take the camera out (as much as it is hard to get good shots when they don't pose, to me when the good ones do come they are always 100 times better then the posed ones).
Eden decided to have a bonfire to burn off some of our rubbish. I tried to talk him out of it with no luck. So armed with the neighbours hose and a box of matched Eden lit the fire. It took about half an hour to get going but after that it took off. Chloe though it was great and kept saying fire and blowing even though we were sitting away from it. At one stage when Chloe had finished her drink she tried to throw her sippy cup into the fire as she had seen Eden and I throwing the rubbish into it. She must take after her dad as far as ball skills are concerned because she was a pretty good shot (lucky she doesn't quite have the strength to make the distance yet as we would have been one sippy cup down). The evening was really pleasant and we could have stayed up with the fire all night but we had a hungry Chloe and it was already and hour past her bedtime so we decided to come home. Maybe next time we will pack dinner and a blanket. I know this is a really poor photo and it does no justice as to how big the fire was as it had already burnt down alot but at least our first family bonfire is documented. The sunset from the back of our block (I'm glad that we have lots of big windows and glass doors throughout the house to catch all the views).

3 Comments:

At April 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

Good to see you have a blogger baby on your hands and she is into posing already.

Looking forward to some pics with the windows in the house

 
At April 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Harri is the same now - every time I pull out the camera he gives me a quick pose and smile. lol I also like the natural shots. The bonfire sounds like fun!

 
At April 7, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

Just had to say how much I love the photo of Chloe holding her drink bottle with the big smile. So cute! She looks really grown up in it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home