Monday, April 7, 2008

It's finally done!!!

I thought it would be a nice idea to make each of our children a handmade present at least for their first birthday. For Chloe's present I decided to make a felt book using the letters of her name. I started it a few months before her birthday to allow myself plenty of time. I was making good progress so I started and finished some other projects. Then there were school reports to do and moving (and everything that that entails) and somehow Chloe's 1st birthday came and went with her book only being half finished. I then gave myself till her 18 month birthday which is now only three weeks away to have it finished and as of last week the book had made barely any progress since her birthday. So last Tuesday I decided to be strict with myself and not start anything new until the book was done and it was finished by Friday.
Chloe is not overly impressed with it as she has being playing with the individual pages on and off for nearly six months (she is actually kind of frustrated now that she can't used the pages to make mini beds like she used to).
The front cover- "C C Chloe like C C caterpillar"
A weaving page and "C C car"
"H H Hickory Dickory Dock" and "L L ladybug"
"O O octopus" and "E E elephant"
The back page full of buttons with a few to show her that Mummy loves her.

5 Comments:

At April 7, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Steph - I am totally impressed - with the book and that you have been very regular at blogging lately!! :) The book is so great.

 
At April 9, 2008 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Carli said...

good work Steph, did you blanket stitch around the felt or use the machine?

 
At April 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Stephannie said...

I did a bit of everything. I started using my mum's machine but when I moved down I found that I could not get the control I wanted with Lorraine's so I started blanket stitching, which I didn't really like so I ended up finishing off with back stitch.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Liesa said...

Steph, I was so happy to see you on my blog and now have a link to yours. The felt book is adorable and it is great to see your house. Looking forward to keeping up to date with your news.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 8:49 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

i love it steph. what an awesome special little gift for chloe. i want to make one for my kids after seeing how cool that looks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home