Sunday, June 1, 2008

One down sixty one to go...

...that is days of winter.
Well we have done it, we have survived our first day of our first (for Chloe and I anyway) Tassie winter. The weather has actually been quite pleasant (all things considered) but I know that we have only really had a few cold days so far so I am preparing myself. Everyone says that I will be fine as I have my own internal heater...I wish. But as the baby is being born in July (or August if it is like it's sister) at least I will have a reason to snuggle in bed all day still in my cozy PJ's until at least 2pm...wheter I like it or not (I wonder if Chloe will cooperate with that idea).
At the moment Sundays are the only day that we get to spend any real time together as a family so today after Chloe's nap we decided to go for a walk up the drive to say hello to the cows and sheep and see where we ended up (don't laugh...it is a big adventure for a 1 year old no matter how many times we do it).
Today we were lucky to make it past the cows. First Chloe wanted to feed them her freshly picked raspberries (yes, Nick is still getting them...lucky us). Then she wanted them to come to her hand and she has this belief that if we all put our hands through the fence then the cows will come, so there we were all three with our hands through the wire and it surprisingly worked. All five cows came over which thrilled Chloe no end. At one stage she even tried to climb the fence but decided against it when she got to the barbed wire.

After that she though they might like to eat some rocks. I'm not sure what her obsession is with feeding all the animals rock, maybe is stems back to her own rock eating days. Eden says that if the meat is tough to blame Chloe.

After finally dragging her away from the cows we had a little visit with the Triffitts across the road (you never end up going very far when you go for a walk with a 1 year old) and then headed home for a roast dinner...a perfect way to end a winters day.

3 Comments:

At June 1, 2008 at 9:33 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Cute photos! I HATE winter. I even told the kids in Primary today. Hopefully this winter won't be too long - especially for you city slickers :)

 
At June 2, 2008 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

I'm so with you on counting down the winter days. You would think after 34 yrs I would be used to them in Tassie but every year I hate winter just as much as the last. Hopefully with a new baby the weeks will fly past with how busy you will be and spring will be here before you know it.

 
At June 2, 2008 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

A sunday walk, sounds like too much exercise to me.

At least I'll get some nice meat this time down instead of stony and hard meat!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home