Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cherry Red

Last week I found some fabric in my cupboard that I forgot I had but I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I have been seeing lots of cute little girl dresses with circular yokes popping up all over the place and realised that Chloe 'needed' a cherry red one.
I think it is a little big and after seeing it in photos I think the yoke needs to be smaller (that's what happens when you sew a dress without a pattern for a little girl while she is sleeping) but I still like it (and I have enough fabric to make another if I can find some time).
The dress has a little pleated pocket on the front that I made following this tutorial.
I also made her some cute littlematching hair pins.

All she needs know is some cherry red shoes to match!

6 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

I love it!!! Almost as much as my nappy bag that Ricky wonders if you could have made a little more masculine... I say he looks good with the girlie-man-bag! Chloe looks so cute and as for it being a little big there is enough length so that she can grow and really get value for the time you have spent!

 
At July 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

I think it is gorgeous too... And I haven't seen any others around to compare it to so it doesn't look to big to me. You are so clever! You make me want to do more with my time, I don't know how you even find the time....
Hope you are well!

 
At July 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

Ps. Her little bob looks very cute with a pin in it...

 
At July 15, 2009 at 7:29 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

You are too clever steph!!! Looks cute. LOVE the new header too.

 
At July 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Wendy V Kirby said...

Good Job!! Like Scarlett said, i feel like i should be doing more... Your raising the bar too high hehehe (note to self, get sewing machine!)

 
At July 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Gasp* Wow, if this is what you can accomplish when you're all sick I'm impressed!! It's gorgeous :) Without a pattern and all, too cute! The hair pins are a perfect match and yes, she certainly needs matching shoes, doesn't every girl :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home