Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A house full of sickies

...even the toys are sick. Chloe loves playing doctors and today she took it up a level and made a teddy hospital, complete with fluffy pillows, bandages, medicine and lots of tissues. I think she was drawing on personal experiences as the last two days have been a bit germy around here.
Both of my poppets have turned into little balls of mucus each responsible for their own slimy snail trail, one around my hips and the other around my thighs. However they have been relatively happy in themselves throughout the day, especially considering the runny noses, gooey puffy eyes and barkey coughs responsible for their broken nights sleep.

Don't let be fooled by the poor quality photo, if you could see how crusty and slimy (I know, pretty impressive to be both at the same time) his face is you would be wiping your screen with antiseptic solution.

I was just about to say hopefully we are over the worst but Chloe has just woken up with a croupy cough so I am off to fill the vapouriser and have my turn at playing doctors.

5 Comments:

At July 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

Chloe has learnt from a very caring mother, doing all she can and going through great lengths to help teddy feel better proves it. We think your a great mum!!!
miss you guys heaps!

 
At July 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Oh no!! I didn't realise you guys were sick. Hope everyone gets better soon.

 
At July 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

At least it is not a tummy bug, I'll do snail trails and nights of coughing over the other any day! Hope you are all better soon, nights can seem eternal if kids are sick too long! I also hope the boggy man passes without touch you or Eden, Chloe needs a few more years of playing doctor before you are allowed to be sick! (:

 
At July 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww....the kids are still cute even if they are germy!
Hope they're feeling better real soon! 10 mins of vit D sunshine every day is supposed to do wonders they say (well, that's what I told 2 of mine as I rugged them up and kicked them outside!)

 
At July 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

Tis the season for it. That fresh Weegeena air will fix them in no time... fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home