Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sausages, skirts and ducks.

On Monday Chloe and I went to our first primary activity, the ward primary picnic. We were a little bit (or alot) late and we missed all the activities but we did arrive in time for Chloe to have her first sausage sandwich. Chloe wasn't overly impressed with it though, I'm not sure if it was because it was a bit hot or because it was keeping her from the ducks.
Sarra is Chloe's big buddy and whenever she is around Chloe does not seem to need me any more, though I wonder if she ever really does. I remember how excited Sarra was when she found out that she and Chloe were related (their dad's are cousins, I think that makes them second cousins, we just call anyone related cousins though in the long run I am not sure if it is going to make it harder or easier).

Chloe is starting to take more of an interest in what she wears. On the morning of the picnic when we were getting her bib she found her sunhat and decided that she wanted to wear that to breakfast. Then when I was getting her dressed for the day she grabbed her dress out of the laundry basket and asked to wear it. After hiding it I thought that would be the end of it but she then spied her dress up skirt in the toy box and asked to wear it. She also asked to wear the beanie. Normally I would not mind but it is one from when she was a baby and does not fit very well anymore. I put my foot down when she asked to wear some shiny black Mary Janes. I didn't realise that this obsession with clothes started so early though I think it might having been brought on prematurely after our visit with Adalia who is ten months older and completely obsessed with anything of a 'princess' nature.
These are the very friendly and very fat ducks that captured Chloe's attention for most of our time at the picnic. I didn't get any photos of Chloe with them as I had a feeling that a slight laps in concentration might result in Chloe going for a swim :)
All in all Chloe enjoyed herself at the picnic so thank you to our wonderful Primary Presidency.

A quick note about the last post for all those who were wondering how a school teacher managed to add up that there were sixty two days in winter instead of ninety two (and they say that it is Tassie that has the lowest literacy and numeracy rates, imagine what it would be like if they let me into a classroom ;).

4 Comments:

At June 5, 2008 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, i had to laugh at the clothes thing. I have banned Annie from wearing the dress up skirt that is literally falling apart out of the house. It is her most favorite thing in the world! Melekai still doesn't care what he wears but the girls sure do. Right down to the shoes.

 
At June 5, 2008 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Tayla Joyce said...

These pictures are so cute,
Oh and I'll be home next week so let me know if and when you want me to play with Chloe. :)
I'm happy to any day I think.

 
At June 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

Well, I'm glad you took some of the materialistic, fashion consious, Sydney-sider mentality back to tassie with you, besides this is a great time to teach her that the shoes don't have to match the bag and "it doesn't matter how you look or what you wear as long as you are happy".

 
At June 5, 2008 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

I love that photo of Sarra and Chloe. All she does is talk about Chloe and "will Chloe be there" and "when is the house ready so I can sleep over". I've never seen her so attached to anyone else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home