Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pets...of sorts

A few weeks ago we welcomed another addition to our little family. Meet Nan Cat, sometimes known as Pus Cat or Pussy Cat (we come up with the best names, don't we).
Eden's uncles put the call out to find Nan and Pop's cat a new home because they could no longer look after it. Eden and I are not what you would call cat people however we did not want the cat to have the long sleep so we said if no one else puts their hand up to take the cat we would. Well I am sure that this is when Eden's uncles stopped looking :)
If you are going to be a cat owner without being a cat person this is a good cat to have. She lives outside, doesn't try to get inside and while she likes company she is not under your feet all the time. Chloe just loves her. She loved her when she lived at Nan and Pop's so we knew that Nan Cat would always be loved. She always asks to go out and play with her cat. Nan Cat is great with the kids. She stays close enough for a quick pat and then takes refuge under the car. A few times Chloe has tried to pick her up and she just waits there patiently until put down, no swipes, no bites.
I tried to get a photo of Nan Cat with the kids but this is as close as I could get (what a smart cat).

Chloe has some other animals that she has claimed as hers, a herd of beef cattle that live in the paddock behind us. Every time they come to the fence she exclaims, "My cows are back!" while opening the door to 'talk' to them. They are just as curious about her as she is of them and will cautiously hang about at the fence watching what we are doing.
I always thought our first pet would be a dog or maybe a fish but it is a cat and cows and they are perfect for us now (especially the cows that we don't have to feed :)

6 Comments:

At March 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM , Blogger The Kings said...

That is so cool that the cat is working out so well. Nan and Pop would love to know you have it and the kids are loving it.

 
At March 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like she's part of the family now! Lionel was all ready to take her too :P
The only pets we have here are snails in the garden...and Mary, not sure if she counts? ;)
Love the pic of Chloe and her cows....did you make that cardie? it's adorable.

 
At March 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Blogger make it perfect said...

Nan Cat...I love it!
Well, actually I love that you have it and not me and we can just come for a quick pat and hello when ever we feel the urge!
I think she should be a very safe pet to have :)

 
At March 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

You of all the family where the least likely to be a cat owner!!! But I guess I have two dogs that were no longer wanted by my in-laws... we come from a family of softies. Besides it all we are so happy for chloe she is such an animal girl!

 
At March 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Josh said...

Step, I love your photos.... youre great!

 
At March 17, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

A cat, I'm glad I was up here :)

The kids are looking cute

see ya in a few weeks

something curious and interesting my word verification is warcat, don't know if thats appropriate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home