Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trading

The last few weeks have seen some trading happening in our house.
We have been trading these..
for "unnies and snickers."
It started out with a lot of this...
The first morning she would take me to the toilet with the request, "Read me a book." I would tell her that we could read on the couch but I think she liked the novelty of it.
There is still a fair bit of this...
It has also led to a lot (and I mean a lot) of this...
(In case you can't tell Chloe has her shoes on the wrong feet and her pants on backwards, there is always something backwards). Chloe insists on dressing herself numerous times throughout the day; her draws are a shamble.
She picked it up so quickly and after a couple of days takes herself without having to be asked. I continually underestimate her and put her in nappies (just in case, like when we have a long car ride) only to have her take a dry nappie off and go to the toilet.
Alright, enough mummy talk....

7 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Go Chloe!!!

 
At February 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

Yay way to go Chloe. You will certainly notice it, only having to change one lot of nappies.

 
At February 22, 2009 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

Only parents could get happy about this I think, I remember Ande sending me a message about Monique going one day. lol

 
At February 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Watson said...

Well done Chloe! What a quick little learner she is. Lovely that you only have one smelly bottom to clean now. I bet you notice how baggy her pants are now without the bulk of a nappy there.

Maddi and I have been doing this for months on and off. Maddi was never fussed by stickers, and we had to go to the next best thing for Maddi. Which I know you would guess it was food! In fact it was lollipops.

A lot of progress has been made and rewards are being fazed out. She did number twos in the toilet all by herself tonight and it wasn't till the toilet was being flushed and she escalimed. " I did poos in the toilet all by myself!" that we realised.

 
At February 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. It is so nice to only have one in nappies!

 
At February 23, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Chloe!! That didn't take long at all, what a legend you are :)
I love the "snickers"!
I'm still trying to convince Mary to use the toliet...at the moment she just thinks it's a great place to sit while everyone fusses over her, reads to her and sing silly songs ;)

 
At February 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Carli said...

Clever girl! Good news for you Steph - it can't be that comfortable reading in the toilet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home