Wednesday, July 15, 2009

He's mine....all mine!

Lachie and I do not get much one on one time (the middle of the night feeds don't count). So today when Chloe decided to break routine and have a nap I thought I would ditch the washing and dinner preparation and have some quality time with my little man. He loved the focused attention (of late there has been a little jealousy from both poppets for parents attention). He loves to play chasing at the moment and gets himself so excited that he ends up cornered. He has a good strategy for when this happens; it is the lunge at the chaser, give them a cuddle to distract them and then head off in the opposite direction as fast as your little legs will carry you tactic. So far it has a 100% success rate.

When Eden got home from work he took Chloe to help him at the hardware which meant more Mummy-Lachie time. This time we played blocks, another favorite activity. This involves him knocking down little towers faster than I can build them.
So tonight for dinner we had a throw together meal instead of the planned homemade meat pie (in preparation for the State of Origin game tonight) which we can have tomorrow and I just did the washing during my 'relaxing time' but I would do it all again tomorrow for another opportunity for precious one on one time with Lachie.

(For anyone out there who thing I am playing favorites, don't worry about little Clo, she gets her fair share of Mummy time when her little brother has his naps)

4 Comments:

At July 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

It's so nice when you get to spend time one on one (or in my case - one on two!). I've decided I need to do it more often.

 
At July 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

I always feel that the oldest will never truly understand how lucky they were to have mummy all to themselves and the youngest won't realise what a treasure it is to be home with mum while all the others are at school. It is my poor middle baby who I need to make deliberate time for. (Spoken like a true middle child myself!) GREAT to see all these blog post!!!!!!!

 
At July 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

We love the new blackboard title. But after our last blog world chat I have to mention that it looks a little like a picture of you and the kids with Ricky... Either that or the Tassie air is boosting your and the kids height or Edens broken leg has cause some serious shrinkage. (:

 
At July 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I thought the same thing Vienna! But hey when you're the artist you can be as tall or short as your like!
Looked like a fun with your little man, he has one dangerously cute smile :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home