Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feeling like the worlds worst mum

To say that I am soft with Lachie is an understatement however lately his sleeping (or lack of it) has been getting out of hand. I have started with a little bit of 'self settling' and neither of us are really coping very well with it (Lachie and I that is). This is how he dozed off (very lightly I might add) this afternoon.Of course he woke right up when I went to lay him down but he was so tired that he let me pat him to sleep (something he never lets me do). In case you can't see in the picture he is asleep while standing up at the end of his cot (I know the photo is very blurry but I did not want to disturb him too much).
Boy did I feel like the worlds worst mum. I know that he can't sleep in my arms/bed for the rest of his life and I know what needs to be done but can't someone else do it for me. At least when he wakes up all is forgiven...mostly.

6 Comments:

At April 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Oh isn't it awful hearing them so distressed. Poor little man. So cute with his asleep standing up. Keep with it - he'll be a Nicki baby with his sleeping in no time and you'll feel like a new woman :D

 
At April 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor little thing! How cute to fall asleep there. They won't remember it at least! We have all been there Steph, keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end.

 
At April 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the worlds worst mum at all!! (not until you let them fall asleep on the floor...ah-hem, cough, cough)
Send him over my way, I'm so boring he'll want to go to bed! That must be what it is, you're too fun a mum he doesn't want to miss a waking moment :P

 
At April 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

Sarra fell asleep in her high chair with her face in a bowl of rice. I think whatever works and stops you going insane - try it!!

 
At April 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Josh said...

Steph youre a great mum!!

 
At April 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM , Blogger lorraine dean said...

hey he went to sleep that is a good thing!! hope he figures out how good it feels to sleep!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home