Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Got milk?

Yes we do.
(This one is for you Mum)
Most people out there would not get excited about about milk mustaches on their children as it is a common everyday occurrence in their house. That is not the case here or at least it wasn't up until recently. Chloe has never been a big milk drinker since I stopped feeding her (my milk that is, we do feed her, no need to call child services). Often the little bit she had on her cereal was all I could get into her. I myself don't drink plain milk (don't worry Mum, I do have my one to two serves of chocolate milk a day) and I don't eat cereal because I don't like milk (fussy, I know). However I understand the importance of milk and dairy in a persons diet especially as osteoporosis runs in my family. So you can imagine the enormous applause I have been doing on the inside over the last few weeks as Chloe has developed a thing for milk. She has been asking for it a few times a day and she drinks the whole cupful, not just the token sip that I am used to with her. Mostly she asks for it plain, well that was until yesterday when she discovered pink Quick!
Isn't it funny the things you suddenly get excited about, like children drinking milk, once you become a parent!

5 Comments:

At July 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

I can't believe you don't like milk!!! I love it - go Chloe!
I was just noticing how young Chloe looks in the pics on the side - she has grown up so much!

 
At July 22, 2009 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Stephen and Val Tolputt said...

Hi all,
Dad said this blog was esp for me. There's nothing wrong with pink milk. i think the dress is beautiful. A 'one of'... trend setting and not just a copy. Good on you taking the time with Lachie. I assure you I understand the difficulties of trying to share oneself. Hoorah for the throw together dinner. One hospital shirt and two massage days to go before I see you all in person. Love Mum. xxx

 
At July 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

Dad and Jony are pink milk boys, very occasionally compared to us girls though. Adalia is just pink everything...
Ps. I love Chloe's bob, she looks so cute with the fringe!

 
At July 23, 2009 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Strawberry Quik was what I used 35 years ago when I was pregnant and then breastfeeding. I Hate plain milk, but don't mind flavoured milk shakes. I haven't had a milk shake for years. It's great to see that it is still being used today.

 
At July 23, 2009 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

You should have named Chloe "LoLa". Adalia says "Lola loves pink milk like me!" (If you don't know what I'm talking about you have to watch 'Charlie and Lola' in ABC for Kids).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home