Wednesday, September 2, 2009

little letters of LOVE

A few weeks ago I went to bed early with Chole snuggled up beside me (I was too tired to keep putting her back in her own bed). I thought about how lucky I am to be the mother of my two wonderful children and how much I love them. The L word is used alot in this house and I must tell both my little poppets (and my big one) that I love them at least 100 times a day if not more. I thought about a post I had read earlier about a mother and her love and special relationship with her baby. I began to think if something ever happened to me would my babies remember me, our special moments and how much I love them. That night I decided that I would write them little letters of love.
The next day I wrote down a handful of moments that I cherish, things that they are doing, that we do together or things about them,all of which I love and that are special to us. That afternoon I took some photos of us together (nothing fancy or staged, messy hair and faces...a true reflection of us) and printed them off to put with their letters.
I hope that I will be able to give these letters to my babies somewhere down the track when they are eighteen or something like that but if they get them earlier at least they will always know how much I love them and cherish my role as their mother. I will continue to add little letters of love as they change and our loved develops so that they will have a whole collection.
Eden found them in the draw a few days ago and asked if he had one. I guess I better get back to writing.

5 Comments:

At September 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

What a great idea! Oprah had a story about a dad who went off to war and his wife gave him a journal so that he could write to his unborn son, and he did almost everyday, he was able to come back for a short visit but died shortly after returning to Afghanistan. In his journal he had written everything down from the kind of man he hoped his son would become to first date advice and how to treat a lady. I cried like a baby and resolved to do the same in our family, maybe I should stop waiting for the right time and just do it. Your kids and hubby will love knowing how you feel at each stage of their lives!

 
At September 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

What a wonderful idea. I love the photos that go with the letters too. You can look back and see how you all changed over the years.

 
At September 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

That is such a beautiful idea. They will love those in years to come.

 
At September 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

That;s awesome Steph. Funny about Eden

 
At September 3, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Nettie's Blog said...

That is beautiful ....but i say dont wait to give those letters to them when they are grown...do it on a special occasion basis..eg bithdays or baptism day.......i started a journal of mothers thoughts ..should have had one for each of the girls....now my girls are all growed up and are busy with life and their own families ...i often wonder if they will have time to read that journal when i am dead and gone and will it matter to them then?... i have the feeling it will be too late...they need to know now is my advice.......(words of wisdom from Nettie)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home