Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some time with Grandmas

This week we have been lucky enough to have my mother and grandmother come to stay. Chloe had been excited about the visit for a few weeks and had been telling everyone up until the day they arrived that her "Grandmas were coming to her house in three weeks!"
It was my grandmother's first time to Tassie so we had to do the Ashgrove and Anvers trek for chocolate and cheese. We let the kids have a run around in the grounds of Anvers to work off some of their extra energy after having sat so patiently while we had a yummy lunch and hot chocolates.
They loved running around collecting treasures (eating them in Lachie's case) and playing in the train.
Chloe was so sweet and kept going up to my grandmother saying, "You are my Great Grandma, I love you Great Grandma."
One night she convinced Grandma to read her some stories before bed. Grandma was a bit apprehensive at first. I'm not sure if it was because as soon as I saw them reading I got the camera out (again) or if it was Chloe's choice in book (So Much, written with a Afro-Caribbean sing song feel, not so easy to read out loud for the first time when English is your second language- but once you get the feel of it, the way it is written makes it is a very fun book). However she did a great job, Chloe loved every minute of it and got her to read two more.
One of the things that was on our must do list was to go to Andy's for gelato. Grandma loves lemon gelato and she wasn't disappointed.
Chloe kept asking me to swap her raspberry for my lemon and somehow ended up with both.
We also chased a rainbow to a property for sale that would be perfect for my parents (I can dream can't I?). We kept telling my mum that the rainbow was a sign!
This afternoon before Mum and Grandma left we made some candles as a reminder of our time together.
Thank you grandmas for coming and sharing a little time with us, we can't wait to do it again soon.

4 Comments:

At August 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Oh I bet the kids loved having them there. That rainbow shot is fantastic!!

 
At August 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

How spoiled are you... Mum and Grandma all to yourself. They both had such a nice time mum has been filling us in all day. I am jealous I would love to have some one to one time with you, how do you think Ricky would go alone with the kids???

 
At August 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

I love the gelato shots of grandma and chloe... It is nice that they were both able to visit for a few days and that Chloe was so excited. I remember Grandad once telling me he and wanted to go see Tasmania with Grandma, so I'm glad she enjoyed it!
Love you guys, see you month... YEAH!!!

 
At August 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Stephen and Val Tolputt said...

Grandma loved the visit and really enjoyed the variety of activities she did while down at the bottom of the world. It was great to see your Photoshop skills are improving, how did get that rainbow into the photo? Take care love you all. Dad xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home