Saturday, August 15, 2009

Catching some rays

I don't think I have ever looked forward to spring and summer as much as I do this year. And no Tronkies, Cabs, Tolputts and Chrish, it is not because I live so close to the Antarctic that you can only go outside wearing an outfit that looks like you are wrapped in a dooner. It is because I have two little poppets whom I share my days with, who I feel are very much like their daddy in that they love being outside.
On Thursday (with friends) and then again on Friday afternoon we were lucky to get a sneak peak of what life is going to be like in the coming months as the sun rays start to bring more warmth and the ground becomes less soggy. The kids love being out- running around, finding rainbows, picking grass, digging in the dirt and just being free. I think they would have been happy to stay out there all day with no toys then be inside with a whole cupboard full.
I can see that over the next few months we will be spending more and more of our days outside exploring and being amazed in our little patch of green.

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2009 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Watson said...

I love the days when it feels like spring is on its way. It was a bit of a tease though with today being a dreary, wet day. Hope you get lots of outdoor days next week.

 
At August 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Vienna and Ricky said...

Wow Steph your early spring days look beautiful... why are the kids dressed for an antarctic expedition??? (: Having never been to Tassie, I thought of you on our moderate Sydney winter days and wonder, how could you Tassweegens call these sorts of temperatures summer? And having been there a little over a year are you planning to join the crazies and actually swim???
.
PS But seriously the grass looks great and I love Lachie's hair cut.

Ricky

 
At August 16, 2009 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Country/City Boy said...

It does look nice outside, but looks can be deceiving with the temperature there.

 
At August 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

The rainbow over the house looks beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home