Monday, October 19, 2009

Blogging catch up- The Show


Earlier this month I packed my two poppets, my brother Max and myself in the car and headed off to the show. In my mind had had a small checklist of essential 'show experiences' that I wanted for the kids. It went like this;
Face painting
Fresh fairy floss on the stick (not the premade stuff in the bag)
Pony ride
Swinging chairs
Merry-go-round
Farris wheel
Baby animals
Seven simple things that are what I picture when I think of a show.


Facepainting, check.
Chloe was so excited when I told her she could get her face painted. She knew exactly what she wanted...a fairy. She sat there perfectly still with her eyes closed while the face painter worked his magic. When she was handed the mirror the smiles said it all.
Fairy floss on the stick, check.
I wanted the kids to have real freshly spun fairy floss not the compact stuff that is premade in the bags that has way too much coloring in it. However all I could see was the same bags and buckets of pink, blue and yellow fairy floss hanging from all the stalls. As we made our way to the very back of the show we spotted the big silver bowl with an older couple who freshly spun the sugar for you once you placed your order.

Lachie was a bit slow to warm to it. Chloe loved it, Max wanted it. It took some coaxing to get her to share.

Pony ride, check.

When Chloe saw some ladies on horses doing dressage and whispered in my ear, "Can I please have a ride on a horse?" I was more than happy to oblige. She sat up so tall, proud and full of confidence, if only her Pa could have seen her on her first ever horseback ride.

I was disappointed with the rides at the show. There wasn't the traditional swinging chair ride, merry-go-round or Ferris wheel. It was all bright lights and whizzing carriages, and loud music with nothing impressing Max or Chloe.
The last essential show experience on my list was baby animals. Chloe and Lachie were both happy to see the animals but would have liked it better if they could have had a pat.
Of the seven things on my list I was able to check off three however I think Chloe loved it anyway and Max was just happy to get out of the house.

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

Glad you went to a show with the kids and checked off some of your 7 items... next year when you are up for Chase's first birthday, you will have to plan it around one of the local shows on at that time of year. The cousins will love it and we always have a ferris wheel and you can go in with the baby animals and feed them. There is a merry-go round at and little boat at the harbour we could visit as well if we do a city trip and the aquarium and Australian wildlife centre. As for swing chairs, the only ones I can picture are high and fast and maybe a little scary for Chloe?!? Anyhow love the photos especially the one with Max and Chloe, glad you were able to spend time with him... He loved it!

 
At October 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

Oh I didn't know you went to the show! Fun! We were going to go and then decided it was too cold. LOVE fairy floss on a stick. Love your pics too - very cute !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home