Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hanging out looking for faries

You know it has been a while since you last blogged when your loyal readers drop comments like, "You haven't blogged in a while," or "I keep checking your blog and there is nothing new." (Thanks Vienna, Scarlett and Eden for your devotion to my little space here).
So a little while back I went 'home' to visit with my family for a couple of weeks. Mostly we just enjoyed each others company and chatted (in the way that only sisters and mothers/daughters can) while we pretended to watch the kids.

For me it was the perfect way to spend time with my family. My two poppets got to spend lots of time with their cousins (sometimes too much at the end of a long day with five, sometimes six, little ones three and below living under the same roof). They loved that their cousins have a fun backyard with toys that they can only dream of. Chloe especially loved that Aunty Vienna has a magical sprinkler that is the home to baby fairies whoonly come out when you bend down really close and whisper very gently. Unfortunately they never saw any fairies, just lots of water (it was all Vienna's idea, I promise).

No the photo below is not because we told them that there were fairies in the sprinkler just so they would get sprayed in the face (repeatedly, that Aunty Vienna is a nasty piece of work!) The sad faces are because the fairies went to sleep and water stopped coming out of the sprinkler no matter how softly they whispered with their faces pressed up against the hole.

 We also went out for tea, a 1st birthday party, did a little bit of shopping, talked to Daddy on the phone nearly every night, had two trips to the Dr and one to the ultrasound place and on some days we went to the park and shared treats.


But mostly we just hung out, my favorite thing to do with my family (it drives Eden crazy).
Ok, so I was a little misleading about Aunty Vienna's solitary role in the whole fairy in the sprinkler thing. I think I had something to do with it, maybe alot. Maybe more then alot as I was the one at the tap end of the hose telling them that the fairies only come out if you get really close. So I too am guilty of misleading my children into thinking that fairies live in sprinklers only so I can spray them (Adalia still asks to play with the 'baby fairies' sprinkler). Vienna has video evidence. In my defence I would like to note that the girls loved it. I can't say I won't do it again.

4 Comments:

At October 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Jony and Scarlett said...

HAHAHA, I love it, how funny was the fariry sprinkler... funnier when you tell it how it really was with mums and aunties do it for fun! But I can vouch for you, at least the day I was there to see it and the girls loved it!!!
It was nice to just 'hang out' together, I miss it when you leave. Vienna and I still enjoy spending time together but dynamics are different when the 3rd sister is missing!
How is Lachie's head, it's all a bit more worrying after you've felt his head?

PS. You forgot to mention ikea, jony really likes the curtains now!

 
At October 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

umm - just wondering what the two trips to the Dr and one to the ultrasound place means!!!!?????????????????STEPHANNIE!!!!!?

 
At October 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger The Kings said...

I hope you didn't lie to me today!!!? :)

 
At October 31, 2009 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Wendy V Kirby said...

Loving the fairies I have to give that one a go hehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home